I love it when I cook something and it is such a hit that I don’t have to worry about leftovers. It is sad though and a waste but leftovers tend to be forgotten about in our house and the dogs usually end up with a messy experiment or something tasty. They are dogs so they win either way. Well this recipe I made is very similar to the Pillsbury Italian Crescent Casserole Recipe but I changed the kind of sauce used but I am sure it is just as good either way.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked, drained
- 1 cup Three Cheese Pasta Sauce (the original called for a different kind. I love this one more so I used it)
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1½ cups shredded Italian cheese blend (6 oz)
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- In skillet, mix beef and pasta sauce. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place dough in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate in spoke pattern, with narrow tips overlapping rim of plate about 3 inches. Press dough in side and bottom to form crust; sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon meat mixture evenly over cheese. Bring tips of dough over filling to meet in center; do not overlap. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese and the basil.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.